Rules [e. 08.18.09] Jun 11, 2009 18:53:45 GMT -5
Post by Admin on Jun 11, 2009 18:53:45 GMT -5
I. IC Rules1. Please keep the era and its limitations in mind while you post in IC. Certain technologies and terms are obsolete in the 19th century, so please remember this. If you're unsure, feel free to ask Admin or Jackson who, being history nuts, will probably be able to answer your questions.
2. As with all roleplaying, refrain from powerplaying and godmodding. As this is an intermediate+ roleplay, you should know what these are by now.
3. Keep in mind the laws of cursing. Cursing is allowed as long as it is kept in context. Also, foul-mouthed language was once frowned upon as 'petty'. Thus, those of high class are expected to speak civilly in public. This carries over to roleplaying. Of course, if you're lower class, do whut e'vr ye bloody want!
4. Characters need to maintain a certain believability. And no sparkly dyed hair or magic-ness or any unusual coloring. The only species allowed on THTQ right now are humans (perhaps animals later) so no vampires, werewolves, wizards, unicorns, etc. Sorry.
5. Important: Seeing as THTQ operates in a slightly AU version of Victorian England, I'm going to allow this: you may create characters of royalty that never existed during the Victorian era. Obviously, however, you can't claim the title of 'queen' (or else it wouldn't be 'Victorian' would it?) or 'king'. However, you can be an offshoot or an heir to the throne, but keep in mind that I expect creativity. [ie. (insertname) is the second cousin of the heir-apparent, though his family's disgrace rejected him the access to the title of 'royal issue'.]
6. Copying the stats of other characters is not allowed. Try to be creative with your characters!
7. Your character can only be in one place at a time. So if you want to post in another thread, wait until you're done with your current thread.
8. Sexual activities in IC are allowed on THTQ. However, if you wish to start such a post, please put [Mature] or [M] in the title.
9. We are allowing characters to have personalities that reflect sexism [feminism/chauvinism], racism, etc as they add personality to your character and also because ideas such as sexism and racism were common in the world during this time. However, please use this in context ONLY.
10. Character bios require a picture or photo of your character or a person you chose to base your character on. This picture need not be a photograph. It can be a drawn picture. However, if you use someone else's art, make sure to include credits.
11. Use proper English and grammar while roleplaying.
12. THTQ follows the one-character-per-account rule. You must have a different account for each character.
Rules may be added over time.
II. OOC Rules1. Be polite and civil to your fellow members.
2. Racist, political, sexist, or other inappropriate comments are restricted from the OOC. Anyone caught or reported displaying this behavior will be suspended from THTQ for a certain amount of time.
3. Posting inappropriate, harmful or discomforting pictures is prohibited.
4. Respect that staff members. They earned their position. Also, do not ask for a staff position.
5. And finally: no chatspeak. This is an intermediate roleplay. Grow up and learn proper English, or go back to elementary school.
Rules may be added over time.